– Jane did a book signing at David’s Bookshop in Letchworth, Herts on 8th December 2018 (pictured right).
– On Sat 1st December 2018 Jane gave a talk at Croxley Green Library, Hertfordshire, the first in the Saturday Series of talks at the library by writers from the Society of Authors.
– At Hitchin Library, Hertfordshire, Jane gave a talk (8 Sept 2018) called Other People’s Lives: The Thrills and Spills of Being a Biographer, part of a series of talks at the library by writers from the Society of Authors.
– Jane was filmed by the Anglophile Channel, the American TV channel for lovers of British culture and entertainment (10 Aug 2018), in interview with Marlise Boland. They talked about Jane’s book PRINCESS: The Early Life of Queen Elizabeth II. The location was the Intercontinental Hotel, Park Lane, London, which stands on the site of the Queen’s first home, 145 Piccadilly, to which her parents moved in June 1927. Watch an abridged version here (longer version to follow): ‘PRINCESS’ interview
– On 10 July 2018 Jane was interviewed live by Selina Mackenzie for Talk Radio Europe, to talk about her new book PRINCESS: The Early Life of Queen Elizabeth II. Link here
– Jane was a speaker at the first Hitchin Literary Festival, OpenBook, on 29 July 2017, held at the British Schools Museum, which was opened by the Lord Lieutenant of Hertfordshire. Her talk was Royals, Rebels and Aristocrats: the pleasure and the pain of writing about Britain’s ‘blue- blooded’ families.
– In April 2016, following an audition, Jane was accepted by the Federation of Women’s Institutes (WI) as an approved speaker. She has enjoyed fulfilling the many bookings she received for 2016 and 2017 to talk to different branches about her book Duchesses: Living in 21st Century Britain, and looks forward to the engagements she has for 2018.
– On 10th November 2015 she was interviewed live on BBC Radio Suffolk as a sofa guest on Lesley Dolphin’s show. She was invited to talk about her life and her books, The Voice from the Garden and Duchesses: Living in 21st Century Britain.
– As author of the Suffolk-based book The Voice From the Garden, Jane was invited by the Mayor of Ipswich to attend the grand reopening, after restoration, of the orangery and stable block at Holywells Park (the Cobbold brewing family’s former estate), Ipswich, which took place on 18th July 2015.
(Above) The author with Pamela Hambro’s (nee Cobbold) great nephew, Major Philip Hope-Cobbold (on left), and Anthony Cobbold of the Cobbold Family History Trust. (Below) Left: the restored orangery. Right: the redesigned stable block.
– On 18th December 2014, Jane was a speaker at a Yorkshire Post Literary Lunch, held at the Old Swan Hotel, Harrogate, where she talked about Duchesses: Living in 21st Century Britain (below):
– Jane attended a joint book signing event on 6 December 2014 with the Duchess of Northumberland at The Alnwick Garden at Alnwick Castle, Northumberland (below):
– On 25th September 2014 Jane was invited to give a talk and book signing at Waterstones, St Albans for Duchesses: Living in 21st Century Britain (below).